Feeding Hens Outside The Wages Office Of Blantyre Mill c.1902

1902

About this memory

This building was still standing in 2003, but the other mill buildings were sold off during the liquidation of the company that owned them. They were purchased by builders in Lanarkshire, using the good dressed sandstone to build in Blantyre, Hamilton, Cambuslang, and places round about.

Blantyre Mill was a big mill - huge - a cotton mill that had its own gasworks. It employed up to 4,000 people.

Donor number: 0107-044

Latest comments