About this memory
The Wilson Family.
(L-R) - Joanna, Bessie, Mrs Mary Wilson, Kate, and Mary.
"Almost all these photographs [see others in this collection] are in the album given by John Wilson to each daughter on her marriage. South Bantaskine was originally a mining estate, but careful management by John Wilson turned it into a beautiful wooded estate.
"The new house was built in 1862, but on the death of Mary Wilson, the last sister to live there, [it] was sold to the Coal Board. The walled garden was very fine and features in 'Scottish Gardens' about 1910." - Victoria Irvine 
Donor number: 0207-016
Falkirk, South Bantaskine