About this memory
Built in 1946,the ARCON (Architectural Consultants) was the first of two types of Prefab on the estate.
These shown were on Calder Terrace opposite a small Cul-De-Sac a few yards from its junction with Calder Drive.
It can clearly be seen on the Street layout plan elsewhere.
They were constructed of Corrugated Asbestos sheets including the roof.