About this memory
Bogg’s Mill was run by the Walker Family for a time. Lawrence Walker – born in 1928 – spent his early childhood here. The family rented the mill from the estate, the Clarks of Auchendinny, who had Redhall House, from where this photograph was taken.
A member of the Water of Leith Trust has identified Millbank House at the top of the brae from Bogg’s Mill. The house is still there, but all the mill buildings were demolished by the Edinburgh Corporation in the 1950s. A building named Riverside House now stands there.
Donor number: 0107-036