About this memory
Photo shows the Eastern end of the Calders Prefab Estate built in 1946/7, bounded by Calder Road at the foot of the picture and Wester Hailes Road.
The rest of the Estate extended westwards as far as the Union Canal and contained 537 houses on total.
The entire Estate was demolished in 1965/6.
Thanks to A Mann for the use of the photo.