About this memory
c 1858 – in the middle at the far end of the photo. The Tannery’s Lade is seen on the right filled with water. Placed periodically on the ground are Stone Walkways at various intervals to allow the Villagers access to their homes.
Brown’s Court is on the left with a Dirt Pathway in the middle.
Permission of The Cavaye Collection of Thomas Begbie Prints ; The City of Edinburgh Council Museums & Galleries