About this memory
Leith Provident Co-operative Society, known affectionately as the ‘Provi’, was based on Great Junction Street from 1911, extending later into Cables Wynd. It merged with the St Cuthbert’s Co-operative in 1975. It was a department store selling all kinds of things for both people and the home.
This carrier bag is stored with collections relating to the city’s Co-op movement in Museums Galleries Edinburgh Collection Centre