About this memory
St Nicholas Church completed in 1957/8 next to the greens of Sighthill Bowling Club laid down in 1948 with the help of German POWS from the camp on the Calder Road.
The white building next door is the old Esso Garage just before the top of Sighthill View. Sadly it is now demolished.
Thanks to A Mann for the use of the photo.