About this memory
This ship was built in Glasgow by Lithgows Ltd and was launched as the ‘Empire Haig’ in 1944. Various shipping firms owned it at different times over the years. It was renamed as the ‘Catalina Star’ in 1958, when it was owned by the Blue Star Line. It changed names again in 1963 to ‘Devis’. In 1969 it sailed to Taiwan to be broken up.
Donor number: 0298-004