Sign up for an account
Already have an account?Sign in now
- Find out more about Edinburgh Collected
- You must accept the terms and conditions in order to sign up for an account.
- All fields marked with a * are required.
- Password must be 6 characters or more.
- Your first name, last name and email are not visible to others.
- Your username will be visible to others on the site. You may want to use an alias.
Terms and conditions
By using this site you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- To add memories or make scrapbooks you will need to sign up for an account
- You can browse, share and comment on content without signing up for an Edinburgh Collected account
- To comment on content you will need a separate Disqus account
- Of your personal details, only your username will be visible to others on the site
- New content added to the site will be checked before it is published, once checked it is publicly visible
- By adding content to the site you are agreeing to its non-commercial re-use.
Read the full terms and conditions below.
Table of Contents
You can browse the site without signing up for an account.Table of contents
To add memories or make scrapbooks you will need to sign up for an account. You must provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself and undertake to keep this information up to date. You’re required to supply your name, email address and a username. This information will be stored securely. Only your username will appear on the website.
You must keep your user account information safe and confidential as you will be responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
We will only ask for information necessary for you to register on this system and will only use it to contact you about Edinburgh Collected or other Edinburgh Libraries’ services.
Please be aware that uploading all types of content (e.g. images) will use the data allowance for your device when using 3G or 4G.Table of contents
Groups, e.g. local history societies, community groups and school classes, can sign up for a group account. A member of the group will be responsible for giving permission to other users to add material for the group. The group administrator will be responsible for giving and withdrawing access.Table of contents
Advice for parents and guardians
Parents and guardians who wish to allow their children to use Edinburgh Collected should assist them in setting up accounts and supervise their access.Table of contents
You are responsible for all content you add to the site. By signing up for an account you agree not to add content that:
- infringes any laws e.g. copyright or privacy laws
- is obscene, threatening, violent, abusive, harmful to others, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, harassing, discriminatory, poses a risk to individual safety or otherwise objectionable
- is spam, advertising or commercial messages. Commercial artists e.g. photographers, graphic artists who add content in the spirit of the site may link to their websites but not include commercial messages in their user profile
- disrupts or impairs the normal operation of the site
- identifies others without their permission.
All new content added to the site is checked (moderated). We aim to check content as soon as possible after it is added.
Unsuitable content (see User conduct) will not be published to the site.
We may not publish content where we think it poses a risk to individual safety.
The site adminstrator can block account holders who add unsuitable content from using the site.
To ensure a satisfying user experience for all browsers, only scrapbooks of 3 or more images will be made publicly available. From 1 April 2018, scrapbooks of less than 3 images will be deleted after six months.Table of contents
Signed in users can report concerns about any content on the site through the ‘Report concern’ feature. Reported content will be flagged for review by the site administrators. If it is found to be unsuitable, it will be removed from the site.Table of contents
Intellectual property (IP)
By adding memories, account holders are agreeing that they own this content and/or have permission to use it. Account holders must not add images of others without their permission.
The City of Edinburgh Council claims no ownership or rights over material added, this remains with the account holder who can delete their content and account at any time. By submitting content, account holders are agreeing to the Creative Commons licence of Attribution-Non-commercial-Sharealike.
You are agreeing that content added can be reused for personal, educational and non-commercial purposes. The following examples of potential uses are by way of illustration, and is not a complete list:
- Printing of content
- Downloading of content
- Reuse by the City of Edinburgh Council to promote its heritage collections
- Addition to Edinburgh Libraries’ online channels www.capitalcollections.org.uk or www.ourtownstories.co.uk or any future online channel developed by Edinburgh Libraries
- Reuse by other online channels e.g. local history website, social media channels
- Reuse by others to create new non-commercial digital products.
If you believe that any material on Edinburgh Collected infringes the IP of any other person, please contact email@example.comTable of contents
Fair Processing Statement
You can view Edinburgh Collected without registering for an account. We request personal information from you when you register to give you access to additional features. Your information will be used to manage your account.
City of Edinburgh Council will only use the email you have supplied on registration to alert you to information that may affect your use of Edinburgh Collected e.g. severe interruption of service. We will not use your data for any other reason.
Data is shared with Edinburgh University in their role as data processer. The University of Edinburgh will not view client data or digital assets except as necessary on a need to know basis in the course of development or support.
You can request that your account is deleted from Edinburgh Collected at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.Table of contents
Edinburgh Libraries makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, but cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.
City of Edinburgh Council (CEC) will undertake to provide secure storage for all the content added. You will however be responsible for making and keeping copies of any materials that you add to Edinburgh Collected.
CEC will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, or inconvenience arising in any way whatsoever from the use of this website.
CEC will not be liable if for any reason Edinburgh Collected is unavailable.Table of contents
Changes to these terms
The City of Edinburgh Council may update these 'terms and conditions' in the future for various reasons, including the addition of new features and in response to changes in relevant legislation.Table of contents